Contribute to the iCogSci WikiEdit
The iCogSci Project works to promote the study of cognitive science by providing information about academic programs, current research trends, and career opportunities associated with the field. Because knowledge of this field is so diffuse, iCogSci is now a wiki, allowing users to add or revise the information onsite themselves. This wiki relies on your support to keep this information up-to-date, relevant, and helpful.
Here's how you can help:
- Take a look at the list of stubs on this website to find out what program descriptions need some work.
- Many of these pages already have templates for you, and commented instructions on what information is needed to complete them.
- Much of this information can be found on our old iCogSci website, though some of this will be out of date. You can also search around online.
- Editing is simple! If you want to learn more, you can find some helpful tips and tutorials on editing at the Wikia Help page.
- If you have any additional questions or suggestions, feel free to contact the webmaster at email@example.com.
The iCogSci project is centered around the following long-term objectives:
- To promote the study of cognitive science at the undergraduate level both nationally and internationally.
- To centralize a listing of academic programs and research opportunities of interest to cognitive science students;
- To encourage collaboration between students and faculty representing various undergraduate cognitive science programs.
- To provide students an opportunity to share their research and writings with fellow students and faculty.
- To support the academic and professional development of undergraduate cognitive science programs and student organizations.
iCogSci began as a project by undergraduate students in the Cognitive Science Program at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, but has since expanded into a wiki, with collaborative contribution from cognitive scientists around the globe. The iCogSci project does not endorse or promote any particular academic department, program, or institution. As the wiki grows, we welcome comments or suggestions you may have, including submissions of information or data about cognitive science programs, events, research, or organizations. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The iCogSci project publishes the Indiana Undergraduate Journal of Cognitive Science, an online journal of writing by undergraduate cognitive science students around the world. The journal is maintained, edited, and published through the effort of cognitive science students at Indiana University.